Monday, December 8, 2008

Cooking with Alicia & Annie--Banana Brownies

Knock! Knock!
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Banana split, so ice creamed.


Silly qoute...I know but kids are legally allowed to be silly. :-p This was what we cousins created/played with words when young, which I believe is way beyond the legacy of children today...atleast thats what I would like to think (sigh...!)


Bananas are so versatile. Almost anything and everything can have bananas in it...the fruit never gets wasted..just over ripe! Sweet or savoury , bananas' are a child's delight and a mother's worry eased, as it packs the nutrition required for growing children.
My hubby and I, together had made this Banana Brownie, sometime back, but didn't have the time then to post.(I can't recall ..what kept me away then.)

Here is the Banana Brownie recipe.
This is another great recipie from Annie's Candy and Fudge recipies.


Banana Brownies
Ingredients-
1 packet fudge brownie mix (any brand would do)
1/2 cup or less, lukewarm water
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
1/2 cup (1 med.) mashed ripe banana
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
For Topping-
1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup dairy sour cream
3/4 cup milk

Method-
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
In large bowl combine brownie mix, water, oil and egg; beat 50 strokes by hand. Stir in mashed banana and
chocolate chips. Spread in greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 28 to 35 minutes.
DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Cool completely.
Topping is optional-
In medium bowl, combine topping
ingredients; beat 1 minute or until thickened. Spread over cooled brownies.
Garnish with banana slices dipped in lemon juices, if desired. Cut into bars.
Store in refrigerator.
In our efforts to control the waistline factor, we skipped the topping. ;D

I share this with JZ of Tasty Treats , who is hosting her very first event- Santa's Holiday Challenge.

Also, this goes out to Susan (of Food Blogga) for her Eat Christmas Cookies event. You can see a variety of other christmas goodies here.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to see you entering again this month! :) Thanks for stopping by my cooking blog too, I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ur welcome Amanda...its all about the reward..lol... really like this gift...microwave..thts wht I have here so the gift is just meant for me ...lol..! :)
    As for ur cooking blog...I really like it a lot. Infact have been there a couple of times n ur blog is on my roll... too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banana brownies sound fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, this looks fabulous and i love anything with chocolate in it so this is right up my alley...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brownies look great, Navita! Have you read 'The Twits' by Roald Dahl? It started this knock knock series as a conversation between the American and the Chines Prez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria thanks for the appreciation.

    Usha, I am one of the choco-holics too! lol

    Harini, I have read Roald Dahl, but not 'The Twits.'Will certainly read it once I lay my hands on it. Currently reading a Sheldon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, how freakin' cute is that knock knock joke? Thanks for making me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. navita, you won the microwave cookware! Please contact me at amanda AT anniesrecipes.com with your shipping address and phone # so we can ship out your prize! The announcement has been made at Alicia & Annie's blog :)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!!! I won..love u dear. Will get it touch with you right away!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking out the time to put your thoughts into words. It is appreciated. Hope I am able to keep you involved, intrigued and happy with this blog. Your views are welcome.