Friday, November 14, 2008

Cooking with Alicia & Annie--Chocolate-chip Cookies

" A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand".


Its been a busy day for me...but very gratifying as I was able to finish quite a few chores-laundry, picking up groceries, finishing my umpteenth Sydney Sheldon and returning to the library, etc....phew!

As I mentioned earlier ...I am addicted to blogging and cooking...(I can see you nodding your head in agreement my friend!)...blogging was the one thing I had to do , even if it meant 2 a.m. in the night or should I say morning.

Now before I sat at my laptop for hours doing my fav thing, I had to bribe my husband. It was just last night that I was blogging and he waited for me till I was done , so that we could go to bed. He isn't exactly pleased with my new found favourite. And again today I was to repeat history.. ;-) (can't help it!!)...so I baked him his favourite choco-chip cookies.

I followed the recipe from Annie's recipe that I had found on the net/blogosphere; with a few adaptations.

Needless to say hubby loved it and couldn't wait for the cookies to cool or for me to take the pictures. lol...

I had done it again. His mouth was filled with the cookies and I was blabbering away that it was because of blogging that I could find the recipe etc etc....after all blogging ain't so bad at all. (wink wink).

Choco-Chip Cookies
Ingredients-
4 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup cold milk
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 packet chocolate chips (feel free to use more if you want..chocolate never hurts!)

Tip:Use eggs straight from the freezer. A tip I read somewhere.Cookies bake great.

Method-
In a bowl mix all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix well.
Add the choco-chips at the end.
Drop cookie dough with the help of an ice-cream scoop (as its easier) on the baking sheet.
Take care to keep them 2 inch apart.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Cool on rack.

EAT! :-)

I have never really baked cookies before.
Cakes,muffins,bread,..yes...but no cookies.
This was my first time and it came out pretty decent.
I made them in the microwave, as thats all I have here.
When using microwave for baking these cookies--
1. do not put any cookie on the center of the turn-table, keep them on the sides of the baking plate.
2. freeze the cookie dough for a few minutes before putting them in the microwave
3. bake for just 4-5 minutes on medium-high setting.
4. use brown sugar in the recipe,as microwave doesn't browns like a conventional oven, the brown sugar does the trick

Do let me know for more tips on microwave baking/use.



I had stumbled upon this blog while searching for the perfect choco-chip cookie recipe. Its got loads of other wonderful recipes that I intend to try sometime.
I am sending this as an entry to the November 2008 Blog event at Alicia-Annie blogspot.


I send this to
Vandana (Cooking Up Something Nice)'s Baking for Beginners' event.
Also, this goes out to Susan (of Food Blogga) for her Eat Christmas Cookies event. You can see a variety of other christmas goodies here.

N.B. The picture on which the cookies are placed are another of my creative streaks at work...my doodling with colours. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Well, you're certainly getting to be a great cookie baker, Navita. Thanks for another delicious entry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking out the time to put your thoughts into words. It is appreciated. Hope I am able to keep you involved, intrigued and happy with this blog. Your views are welcome.